Intelligent Transport System (ITS) services and applications have to be provided in an anti-discriminatory way and need to be based on highly qualitative and grounded data, in order to comply with European directives and delegated acts as well as with national law.
The Directive 2010/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 on the framework for the deployment of ITS in the field of road transport and for interfaces with other modes of transport has created a framework for supporting a coordinated and coherent deployment and use of ITS in the European Union and sets out the necessary general provisions. In order to implement the ITS Directive the European Commission has adopted delegated regulations, which are in force for all Member States.
According to these delegated regulations each Member State shall designate a national body/competent authority to assess whether the requirements of the delegated regulations are fulfilled. For the delegated regulations No. 885/2013 (article 8), No. 886/2013 (article 9) and No. 2015/962 (article 11) BMK designated AustriaTech as national body/competent authority. AustriaTech is carrying out this task as ITS contact point.
In line with the provisions of the delegated regulations the main tasks of the ITS contact point are the following:
• Collect and administer the self-declarations submitted by data and content providers operating in Austria,
• Randomly check the correctness of the self-declarations,
• Requesting proof of compliance with the requirements set out in the delegated regulations supplementing Directive 2010/40/EU,
• Annually reporting to the national authorities on the declarations submitted and on the results of the random inspections,
• Consolidating with national bodies of other EU Member States,
• Continuous cooperation with a test centre in terms of elaborating quality criteria for relevant data and services as well as of assessing the quality and
• The ITS contact point supports ITS content and service providers by providing their self-declarations.
The ITS contact point supports ITS content and service providers by providing their self-declarations. Contact the ITS contact point.